Context is essential for effective culturally responsive leadership. That’s why we customize professional learning experiences for school and school system leaders and their teams to help build both individual and system-wide capacity. Culturally responsive work is not one-size-fits-all. We therefore begin by working with your team to help you assess the needs of the individuals on your team and those of your school or school system so that you can best meet the needs of your students.
Based on the needs of your individual team members, we design learning experiences that can build your team’s capacity to answer questions like:
- What does an equitable classroom, school and system look and sound like and how am I pushing to make sure it comes to fruition?
- How am I daily showing those I work with that I am committed to equitable outcomes for all students particularly minoritized students?
- Are the students I am responsible for experiencing standards-aligned, culturally-relevant instruction on a daily basis?
- Am I building the capacity of those around me to also be culturally responsive instructional leaders?
- How will the decision I just made impact the students, families and communities that I am serving?
- What personal biases am I holding that may be getting in the way from me being able to be a culturally responsive leader?
- What policies, structures, biases and practices do I need to dismantle in order to provide a more equitable experience for students?
- How am I ensuring families and communities are key collaborators in improving the school experience for all students?