School turnaround is a complex process that requires strong leadership and effective teamwork. Our Leading School-Level Change program is designed to build the capacity of school and system-level leadership to galvanize and lead teams in support of school transformation.
The program emphasizes five key tenets to ensure school leadership teams are capable of driving the changes necessary to improve learning outcomes in schools:
- Measurable Growth: Our professional development and coaching for school leaders are standards-based, with behavioral indicators articulated to track progress and differentiate support.
- Equity-focused: We work with leaders to develop the skills to adopt our five equity leadership dispositions, and help leadership teams strengthen standards-based, culturally relevant instruction in their schools.
- Emphasis on Teaming: We support the collaboration of principals with key staff members, helping build the collective capacity of the group into a high-performing school leadership team with the essential knowledge and skills to effect school improvement.
- School-Specific Learning: We engage principals and their leadership teams in learning that focuses on their own schools’ cultures, data and improvement plans, resulting in instantly relevant and immediately impactful learning.
- District-Level Support: We build the capacity of district-level leaders, particularly principal supervisors, to support school leaders and their teams in strategic goal setting, plan implementation, and progress monitoring.
Leading School-Level Change includes summer institutes; ongoing workshops throughout the school year; leadership team retreats; development and support for principal supervisors; and coaching for district and school leaders – all in service of sustainable school transformation that yields improved student learning and performance.
Contact our team using the form below to discuss bringing our Leading School-Level Change model to your school system.