Culturally Responsive Principal Supervision is a 9-month learning program with both in-person and virtual sessions that builds the culturally responsive leadership skills of new and experienced district leaders who supervise and support principals. When you join this program, you join an alumni community of 257 principal supervisors working in 73 school systems across 23 states.
Now in its 10th year, Culturally Responsive Principal Supervision (formerly known as Foundations of Principal Supervision) allows participants to unpack the role and impact of the principal supervisor using a teaching and learning approach; build their capacity as instructional leaders to support culturally responsive practice; analyze data to support planning, decision making and feedback; and learn to leverage a coaching approach and communities of practice to build the capacity of principals as culturally responsive instructional leaders.
Participants will work in teams with peers who hold similar roles in school systems across the country, in a lively, fast-paced learning environment that encourages collaboration and creative solutions to the most daunting challenges. The program will help principal supervisors adapt to the ever-evolving expectations of the role, strengthen their vision, develop the skills to build the leadership capacity of principals, and plan for the upcoming school year.
Participants in Culturally Responsive Principal Supervision will:
- Reflect on the history of racial inequity in American education and develop a personal “why” for their work as principal supervisors in dismantling inequities faced by students.
- Develop an understanding of what culturally responsive and equitable practice looks like at the classroom, school, and district levels and how to observe those practices in classrooms and provide feedback to school leaders and instructional staff.
- Analyze and interpret data across their network of schools with specific attention to the diverse cultural and learning needs of students.
- Leverage their coaching approach and communities of practice to grow their network of principals as culturally responsive instructional leaders and capacity builders of school staff.
- Develop their strategic support plan aligned to a culturally responsive theory of change that advances equity and drives continuous improvement for their network of schools.
The program is comprised of the following learning components:
- Summer Intensive – July 17-19, 2024 (3 days – travel required)
- In-person in midtown Manhattan, New York City
- Mid-Year Convening – November 7-8, 2024 (1.5 days – travel required)
- In-person – West Coast location TBD
- Includes school visits
- 2 Virtual Professional Learning Sessions (3 hours each)
- October 3, 2024
- January 16, 2025
- End-of-Year Convening – March 6-7, 2025 (1.5 days – travel required)
- In-person – Southern United States location TBD
- Includes school visits
The tuition is $6,000 per person.
**We recommend that new and early career principal supervisors who are registered for CRPS also register for our Principal Supervisor Bootcamp. The Bootcamp is a 2-day session designed to help novice principal supervisors unpack some of the nuts and bolts of the role before building their muscle as an equity-focused culturally responsive leader in CRPS. The bootcamp takes place prior to the CRPS Summer Intensive in New York City on July 15 and 16 — details about the bootcamp and other optional services will be shared once you are registered for CRPS.