Culturally Responsive Principal Supervision is a year-long blended learning program that builds the culturally responsive leadership skills of new and experienced district leaders who supervise and support principals. When you join this program, you join an alumni community of 237 principal supervisors working in 67 school systems across 23 states.
Now in its 8th year, Culturally Responsive Principal Supervision (formerly known as Foundations of Principal Supervision) allows participants to unpack the role and impact of the principal supervisor using a teaching and learning approach; build their capacity as instructional leaders to support culturally responsive practice; analyze data to support planning, decision making and feedback; and learn to leverage a coaching approach and communities of practice to build the capacity of principals as culturally responsive instructional leaders.
Participants will work in teams with peers in similar positions from across the country, in a lively, fast-paced learning environment that encourages collaboration and creative solutions to the most daunting challenges. The program will help principal supervisors adapt to the ever-evolving expectations of the role, strengthen their vision, develop the skills to build the leadership capacity of principals, and plan for the upcoming school year.
Participants in Culturally Responsive Principal Supervision will:
- Reflect on the history of racial inequity in American education and develop a personal “why” for their work as principal supervisors in dismantling inequities faced by students.
- Develop an understanding of what culturally responsive and equitable practice looks like at the classroom, school, and district levels.
- Analyze and interpret data across their network of schools with specific attention to the diverse cultural and learning needs of students.
- Leverage their coaching approach and communities of practice to grow their network of principals as culturally responsive instructional leaders and capacity builders of school staff.
- Develop their strategic support plan aligned to a culturally responsive theory of change that advances equity and drives continuous improvement for their network of schools.
The program is comprised of the following learning components:
- Summer Intensive – July 19-21, 2023 (2.5 days)
- In-person in New York City (exact location TBD)
- Mid-Year Convening – Date TBD (1.5 days)
- In-person – Location TBD
- 3 Virtual Problem of Practice Consultancies
- Dates TBD
- End-of-Year Convening – Date TBD (1.5 days)
- In-person – Location TBD
The tuition is $6,000 per person.
- Optional: One-on-One and Small Group Coaching
- Four 90-minute sessions of district team coaching
- Cost is $2000 – inquire directly with us to register
The 2023 cohort of Culturally Responsive Principal Supervision is now full. To be added to our waitlist or receive information for next year’s cohort, please share your details via the form below and someone will reach out to you soon.